If you’re like most homeowners you don’t give too much thought to the components of a refrigerator unless it shuts down, or unless it is time to buy a new model. In order to get the most out of this kitchen appliance it can be extremely useful to know exactly how a refrigerator keeps food and drinks cool—and Nashua Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Read below to find out all you need to know about how refrigerators run, how it cools your food and if it’s time to connect with refrigerator repair Nashua.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There aren’t many houses that don’t have a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It’s been a must-own appliance for many years. A residential refrigerator will store your food at the optimal temperature, to stop spoilage and slow down the growth of bacteria. The concept of refrigeration starts by moving the warmth from the interior of the refrigerator to the outside, using the principles of evaporation and condensation.
The components of your refrigerator are. For questions or service call Nashua Appliance Repair:
The refrigerator compressor is both a pump and a motor, and it is necessary for circulation of refrigerant throughout the system.
A compressor is an integral piece of a refrigerator. You should call on a professional company if the compressor isn’t working.
A condenser is found on the rear outside wall of the refrigerator and will help to emit the heat built-up within the refrigerator then out to the air.
The evaporator is installed in the interior of the refrigerator where absorbs warmth held within it, effectively lowering the temperature inside the refrigerator.
Once the evaporator stops working, it is time to enlist a professional. Do not wait too long.
Liquified refrigerant is directed within a capillary tube that acts as an expansion tool to cool the gas inside, transforming the gas into a liquid.
A thermostat exists to regulate the current temperature in the interior of a refrigerator, starting a new cooling period when it is needed.
A thermostat in a refrigerator is prone to problems. Troubleshoot and hire a technician in Nashua for repair right after an issue occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Right when the temperature inside a refrigerator goes above the set point sensors alert the refrigerator compressor to engage, and then the cooling period begins. The appliance collects the cold liquified refrigerant, then pressurizes and condenses it, and raises the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas.
2. The compressor unit pushes the warm gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils located on the rear of the refrigerator, where it comes in contact with the lower temperature in the kitchen and transforms back to a liquid form.
3. The cooled liquid then continues its trip to the refrigerator evaporator, pushing through the many coils on the interior of the refrigerator and top freezer.
4. The coolant then absorbs the warm air from within the refrigerator, thereby cooling the temperature down to the desired set point.
5. The refrigerant then evaporates, and will return back into a gas, and returns to the compressor so it can then continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration is used in several applications and household appliances, this includes heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and freezers. By removing heat from one location and moving it to somewhere else the continuous cycle of refrigeration aids in cooling a home, creates a perfect space for perishable food, and helps with manufacturing and storage of several different common products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator need professional attention? Time to schedule service with Nashua Appliance Repair.
Nashua Appliance Repair can repair nearly all popular models of refrigerators – including commercial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our repairman in Nashua are trained to repair cooling issues, ice makers, condensation, puddles of water and leaks, bulbs, digital panels, smart functionality and numerous other malfunctions. We know refrigerator repair!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working